A nutritious middle eastern spread that goes along well with pita, bagel and focaccia breads.
1. Chickpeas – 1 Bowl boiled
2. White Sesame seeds – 3 Tsp
3. Garlic – 8 cloves
4. Cumin Powder – 1/3 Tsp + for garnishing
5. Red Chilli powder – ¼ Tsp + for garnishing
6. Green Chilli – 1 pc
7. Olive oil – 4 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp for garnishing
8. Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
9. Salt – to taste
10. Black olives – 5 pc (for garnishing)
11. Green olives – 5 pc (for garnishing)
12. Parsley – few leaves for garnishing (optional)
13. Water (if required)
1. First of all, grind the sesame seeds in a mixer.
2. Once they are in a powder form, add chickpeas, garlic cloves, cumin powder, red chilli powder, green chilli, 4 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and salt to the mixer and grind them all.
3. The hummus spread should have a paste like consistency. Keep on checking the same while grinding, and add water as needed. The paste should not become liquid.
4. Once the paste is ready, transfer it into a bowl, and garnish it with olives, parsley, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
The preparation time does not include boiling of chickpeas.