Stuffed Taco Shells
The famous Mexican Tacos straight to your homes with this easy to make recipe !!!
INGREDIENTS FOR TACOS -
1. Makai flour – 1 cup
2. All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
3. Salt – to taste
4. Cooking Oil – 2 Tspn + for frying
5. Water (luke warm) – for making dough
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING -
1. Kidney beans (Rajma) (boiled) – 1 bowl (use of water should be in such a proportion so that the final output should look like a thick gravy)
2. Tomato (roasted and peeled, then puried) -1
3. Tomato (finely chopped) – 1
4. Onion (finely chopped) – 1
5. Capsicum (finely chopped) – ¼
6. Corns (boiled) – 1/3 cup
7. Lettuce (coarsely chopped) – 3 tbsn
8. Coriander leaves(finely chopped) – few
9. Mint leaves (finely chopped) - (finely chopped)
10. Green chilli sauce – ¼ tsp
11. Red chilli sauce – ¼ tsp
12. Black Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
13. Lemon juice – 1 tsp
14. Salt – to taste
15. Basil (chopped) – few leaves (optional)
16. Cooking oil – 1 tsp
17. Cheese – shredded (optional)
INGREDIENTS FOR GARNISHING -
1. Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar or any cheese of your choice)
2. Honey mustard dressing
3. Chipotle south west dressing
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR TACOS -
In a bowl, mix makai flour, maida, salt and 2 tspn oil and make soft dough.
Heat oil in a pan. Lower the flame once it’s hot.
Simultaneously, make a very small bowl of a portion of dough and carve it into a thin poori of 4 inch diameter with the help of a rolling pin.
Prick the poori nicely with the help of a fork so that it does not puff while frying.
Fry poori from both the sides and keep on flipping it in intervals. Once its half cooked take a tong and karchi and carve it into U shape. Cook until light brown and crisp.
Take it out on a paper towel. Cool it down. Taco is ready. Follow the same steps for rest of the shells too.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING -
In a pan, heat oil and cook tomato puree, then add boiled kidney beans. Add little water, only if required. Cook till it is soft. Mash a little. Cool down.
In a bowl, add kidney beans mixture and the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Filling is ready.
Keep tacos on a plate. Take 1 ½ tbsp of the filling and place it in the tacos, pour little amount of salsa over the filling. Then cover it with cheese (optional). Garnish with sauces. Ready to serve.
For filling, in case of unavailability of lettuce you can replace it with cabbage, but the taste would differ.
For garnishing, you can use any dressing of your choice.