Traditional Sundakkai Vathal Kuzhambu || Dried Turkey Berry Gravy || வத்தக் குழம்பு
How To Make Sundakai Vathal Kuzhambu Recipe?
Tamarind - Lemon Size
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Toor dal - 1tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 8
Raw Rice - 1 tsp
Dried Turkey Berry / Sundakkai vathal - 1/2 Cup
Gingelly oil - As required
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - Little
Garlic - As required
Onion - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1 Pinch
Jaggery - Little
Salt - As required
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
1. Soak tamarind in water.
2. Let us prepare powder for gravy. Heat the pan and add toor dal, urad dal and saute it well.
3. Once it is roasted, add pepper, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, red chillies, raw rice in it.
4. Allow all the roasted ingredients to cool down for 5 mins.
5. Mean while add some oil in pan and fry dried turkey berry in it
6. Powder the roasted ingredients and keep it aside
7. Now we are going to prepare gravy, for this heat the pan and add oil in it.
8. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves in it
9. Next add, chopped onion and garlic and saute it well.
10. Add thick tamarind juice,pinch of turmeric powder, Jaggery and salt in it and allow it to boil for a while.
11. Add required amount of water and cover this with a lid. Allow it to cook for 15mins
12. After 15mins, add 3 tsp of powder which we have prepared earlier.
13. Add fried turkey berry and allow it to cook for 1 min.
14. Finally add asafoetida and switch off the stove. Now delicious gravy is ready.