Mouth-watering vegetable biriyani...its also very healthy and tastier food.
Rice -1 cup
Soaked green peas-1 small cup
Onion- 2 big (chopped)
Tomato-2 big (chopped)
Green chilles -3
Biriyani masala- 1 table spoon
Cloves, cinnamon, elachi- each 2
Salt -2 spoons
Chilli powder- 1 spoon
Oil- 4 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste- 2 spoons
Corrainder leaves- 10 grams
Curry leaves- 25
Mint leaves- 20
1. Soak the rice for ½ hour before cooking.
2. Keep all the chopped vegetables in a plate and keep it aside.
3. Slit the green chillies.
4. Clean and wash the mint, coriander and curry leaves and keep in a plate.
5. Heat the pressure cooker and add the oil and ghee.
6. Now add some onion pieces and sauté well. Add ginger garlic paste into it and then add the remaining onion and tomato pieces.Then you can add clove elachi and cinnamon.
7. Add the remaining vegetables and green peas after 3 minutes and saute the ingredients well.
8. Now add salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder and curry leaves, mint leaves and coriander leaves according to the measurements given.
9.Sauté it for 3 minutes and then add 2 cups of water, now add the soaked and drained rice after the water starts boiling.
10. Simmer the stove after 1 whistle and keep the stove in simmer flame. Now you can wait for 2 more whistles.
11. Now switch off the stove after getting the remaining 2 whistles (totally 3 whistles).
You can use 1½ cup water if you are using Basmathi rice.