Sita Bhog & Small Nikuti
An iconic sweet recipe from Bengal. A perfect sweet to be made for holi.
1. Basmati Rice Flour: 500gms
2. Ghee: 100gms
3. Paneer : 100gms
4. Sugar: 2 cups
5. Water: 2 cups
6. Saffron: 5-6 strings
7. Milk :1 tsp
1. Milk Powder: 1 cups
2. Maida: halfcup
3. Soda-Bicarbonate: 1pinch
4. Ghee: 2 Spoons
5. Curd: 2 Spoons
6. Sugar: 1 Cup
Water : 1 Cup
Elaichi(Cardamom) Green powder: 1 tsp
Instructions: How to make Sita Bhog
1. In a Mixing Bowl add rice flour, Ghee 1 tsp .Add 1 tsp milk. Make smooth dough.
2. Add grated paneer and mix well to make smooth dough. Keep aside for half an hour.
3. In another pan add water and sugar and put it into the oven, Heat until it makes a light syrup.
4. Add little saffron for flavor and colour . Heat ghee in a deep frying pan. Now with a perforated Ladle prepared dough has to be strain like vermicelli into the Pan-Fry for sometimes then put it into the Syrup.
5. Keep 10-15 mins. And spread on the tray to make it cool.
For Nikuti making
1.In a Mixing Bowl add Milk powder, Maida, Soda-Bicarbonate,1 spoons ghee and curd as Much required to make a dough.
2. Heat ghee in a deep frying pan.
3.In another pan add water and sugar and put it into the oven, Heat until it make a light syrup.
Make small 15-20 oval shapes and fry until golden brown in colour. Put into the hot syrup and serve.
Sitabhog prep time 120 min Nikuti Prep time 60min